Monday, September 13, 2004

Such is Life

One of the things I miss most about being in England is my super-fast internet connection. Even our BT Broadband connnection at home, which I often think of as inferior, moves at the speed of Superman-desperate-for-the-toilet if compared to dialup. (Obviously). I know Bangi has Streamyx these days (haven't the times changed!!) but the minimum contract is for a year, and I'm only home for a month. I'm not going to pay RM88 for eleven months worth of surfing when no one actually does. Najah calls this payback.. for having 'true broadband' 11 months of the year ... heheh.

It's been a week and a couple of days since I arrived in Malaysia, and I know I haven't been catching up with most people I intended to. My dad has planned an activity every weekend I am here. So that blows hanging out for brunch or anything. And most weekdays, I babysit in the morning so that my mum can get lunch on the table, and only then do I go out. Sometimes I'm so knackered after chasing around a 2 year old, I just can't be bothered to venture any further away from Kajang.

My sister is a bundle of joy. No, really, she is. She has surprises lurking around every corner. Yesterday she found the optical mouse on our PC, and seeing that it had a red light, declared "Ya (her name is Nadia) nak bayar barang lah"; and proceeded to 'scan' everything she saw with the optical mouse, just like in the supermarkets. I just wish, sometimes, that she had a pause button. Or would go to sleep on time. She slept at 3am the other day. I had a 10am brunch appointment with Noi. Had to send Farah to tuition at 8am. It wasn't pretty.

So yeah.. that's the state of play with me. If I don't call or don't make an effort, it doesn't mean I am avoiding everyone. Please, call me. Jolt me back into realising that I do have a life beyond babysitting, and running off to the JPJ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home