Sunday, September 05, 2004

I hate dial-up

I won't go on and on about how hot Malaysia is, or how mad their drivers are, although I do believe the two are correlated, to a certain extent. But yes, it's good to be back, and OH MY GOD it's good to be behind the steering wheel of my car once again. Only on Sunday, I went to Mines (and back, forgetting how uselessly inept the people there are at closing off the parking space when the car park is full), drove my brother to his college at Banting and then became my dad's chauffeur for a wedding reception he had to attend at Hotel Istana.

The only snag?

My little sister, all 2 years and 9 months of her, has decided that I am not to leave her sight at any time. Ever. Or else she will start crying her heart out until I come home (this experiment was successfully carried out when me and Fisz paid Lin a visit at Uniten, where her brother graduated yesterday). My mum and dad reckon, I should stick at home for a couple more days until the novelty of me being home wears off. They also think after a few more days, I should just go out anyway, because if she gets too attached it will be even worse when I get on the plane back to Lancaster.

And so, that is why I have yet to establish contacts with those I meant to. Gimme a couple more days. Oh, and if you've got my number, please feel free to call and once I've shaken off these shackles off my feet, we can go for coffee. Or something that all you posh KL people do.

Blogging from the boondocks of Bangi
Idlan