Friday, August 27, 2004

Congratulations.. you found me.

Some of you may have had front-row seats to the saga that was my website this past week. It is a memory I do not want to relive. Suffice to say, last Sunday, an internal error occured while I was updating my files and doing some spring cleaning, and the public_html folder was deleted. In usual circumstances, to idiot proof the server, the control panel allows us to just restore it (not unlike Windows); but this too crashed. Everything was gone. I contacted tech-support of my hosts, and despite their own applauding of their excellent customer service, here I am 5 days later holding on to a promise that they would restore everything within 24 hours, which they made on Tuesday. So much for.. whatever.

I would restore from the (very meager) backup that I have, but that doesn't include Khalil's stuff or the new CCB, plus if I carry on as normal, and they suddenly decide to restore, things will be overwritten and I frankly do not have the energy to go through this again. Contrary to popular belief, I actually am studying. I'm just going to sit back and wait for that to be sorted out.

And so, action had to be taken. I've decided that chitchatbola will be hosted elsewhere; and this is being done as we speak. My personal blog will be hosted on blogspot until the restore is performed (we're hoping some time before America invade another country); and once I can get my hands on my files again, I'll set up shop elsewhere. Because we know even good 'ole blogger can get temperamental at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home